Real milk and can't poop

i just switched my 12 month old to real milk and she has the hardest time getting her poop out now, and she makes it look and sound so difficult! I tried the clear Karo oil in water, it didn't do anything. What do I do next?

edensgarden101

Asked by edensgarden101 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop giving her cows milk!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Just give her more juice. They always have a hard time adjusting to it at 1st. Give her fruit cups and stuff too throughout the day. I have done it 3 times, it takes a while but it will get easier soon.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ok what freaking milk am I supposed to give her? Goats milk? Lol
    edensgarden101

Comment by edensgarden101 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She doesn't need milk AT ALL. Water is dandy for hydration, and the necessary nutrients are in the other foods you give.

Mine could take or leave milk... more often leaving it. I don't think he even took a full cup a week... but he missed out on nothing. Please note... we were still breastfeeding well past one year. But even after weaning, he never cared for milk.

Goat's milk is OK if you want. But be aware that Karo is a botulism risk, so please don't give it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Humans don't need the milk of other animals to survive. Babies and toddlers need a lot of calories since they are growing. Cow milk has protein and fat and calories. There are plenty of other sources of protein and fat from plant foods: rice, beans, avocados, almonds, greens, grains, etc
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I was joking about goats milk
    edensgarden101

Comment by edensgarden101 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011