question about false or real labour

hey,ladies. i do have a question. i am almost 33 weeks and3 days ago i started having really intense and bad cramping and pain in my lower back only on the left side and in my belly on my left side. it started during the day,it comes and goes,but it gets more intense with each day and my back hurts so bad,that i can barely walk. i don't know what could it be. if these are braxton hicks,then why do they hurt so bed. so,i've been having them for couple of days now and last night them woke me up too. it's not like you are about to die,but it's not like you can easily handle them and turn on the other side. what's going on? today is my app with my doctor. should i ask her to ckeck my cervix for dialetion??? is it ok? i am just so afraid that i am going to deliver her earlier. i am healthy,no health problems at all,so i don't know what to think....

need some answers.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would tell your dr what has been going on and she will decide if she will decide what to do from there. If could just be braxton hicks and your baby getting ready for delivery. Good Luck.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Bring it up with your doctor for sure. I had false labor pains so bad with my second I thought I was in labor more than once but I was also a little further along than you when that happened to me. Again though, talk to your doctor. That is the best bet.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes bring it up to your DR.
    but false labor and braxston hicks can be tricky...there both painful. and may seem to have a pattern but they dont.. lay down and drink plenty of water. time the contractions real contractions you wont be able to talk or walk threw and wont change or let up when you change what ur doing.so lay down if they dont stop take a bath if they dont stop walk around if they dont stop and have a set pattern ie every 7 minutes etc for a few hrs go in and get checked. if they do lessen or stopthen there just fake...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you are having severe pains & cramping, you should definitely speak to your OB/GYN asap. They can hook you up to monitors to check to see whether you are experiencing contractions or not, and check your cervix as well. Good luck.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I had painful Braxton Hicks contractions and backpain all the time. The sharp pains are your round ligament stretching. If you are too concerned, go see your doctor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Your doctor will be able to assess you at your appointment. They may hook you up to a monitor so they can track the baby's heart rate and can also tell if you're in labor. One rule of thumb to remember is a real contraction, 99% of the time, will stop you from walking or talking. If a contraction comes like that, it's definitely a real one. Like others have said, it does sound like round ligament pain. Those pains can really take a toll sometimes. Hope all is well and good luck!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would just talk to your doctor.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• thank you all. an update. i went to my doctor today. i told her about my pain in my back and my belly. she said that with my back pain,it's probably pressing on my nerve. with my belly-she is not sure,it could be anything. that's why she we'll be checking me every week now. one thing that concerned me,she said i am already 1 cm dialated and the baby is low and head down. i am almost 33 weeks now and i am worried about her coming so soon. the doctor said it can be anytime now,but it doesn't mean that tomorrow. with my first one i was 2 cm at 39 weeks. should i worry????
    crouse3

Comment by crouse3 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldnt worry. I started dialating early and was at a 3 when i was 33 weeks. i finally had her at 36 weeks. So you can go for a while being dialated as long as your water doesnt break.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 3:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011