Should there be an exclusive dating club created for single moms out there to meet good men?

A friend of mine wants to start a business that helps single mom find good men that are good hearted and open to dating moms. It would be an actual members only type club where moms pay a fee to have access to these great guys. Do you think moms would be interested in this kind of service on a local level?

GroceryMom

Asked by GroceryMom at 10:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I think I would be.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe.. every person is different. Some people dont like being "set up".. but some people may like the help.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It would be nice, but a lot of men are douchebags. How is she going to screen these guys?
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There are so many dating services out there already. There are plenty of ways for single moms to meet good decent single men. Before having children I worked for Dating Service - it's a big company known throughout the country and very exclusive. I happened to be a matchmaker for the dating service. It's lots of fun getting to know all the people and trying to make the right "love connection" however it is very difficult. In one year I did have 3 couples that I matched up get engage, the following year that number jumped up - it's a fun job.
    Getting those first few clients would be the hardest part, once you have some sort of cliente then it's easier to grow your database.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Just asking key questions starting with "Are you truly open to dating a mom?" Because a lot of men say they are and truly arent. So we would do our best to verify the men that join like idea of being with a mom and obviously like kids:)
    GroceryMom

Comment by GroceryMom (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would not want to be classified as a single mom on a dating thing. i was a single mom for the first 22mths of my daughters life, and while i was always upfront about my daughter- i would not want that to be what i was categorized as. many men have misconceptions about single moms, ESPECIALLY in the dating world. and truthfully there aren't that many men who will openly admit to being okay with dating single moms, it usually depends on the age(s) of the kid or kids, and many other factors. that's just my opinion, so i'm not sure how many "good hearted" guys you'll find either- there are definitely some out there!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Would it attract perverts?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lexi8622 is so right about the misconceptions. So many guys think you're looking for a dad for your child.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

How will she screen the women? many women are psycho and are gold diggers. Seems like a bad idea to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i think this is a great idea to focus on single moms i know pleanty of moms out there that would sign up in a heart beat

tell your friend go right ahead and go for it and good luck if she gets it going send me a link
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011