• In the Spotlight:

what is your opinion on open marriages?

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 10:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it works for some, and not for others - just like many things out there :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• MY opinion--I think they are stupid.. Why the hell would two people get married and then want to sleep with someone else? Marriage is a bond between two people..

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't believe in them. To me a marriage is between 2 people and that's it. There shouldn't be other people brought into it. When you said your vows it was making a commitment to each other not to each other and who ever you might bring into the relationship.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• They might work for some but not for me, I have enough trouble dealing with one relationship at a time!

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• An "open marriage" is NOT a marriage at all. Why get married if you're just going to sleep with other people?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Other than insurance and other benefits.......why get married if you are going to sleep with other people?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• to each his own...but in my honest oppion a marriage should be between two people the wife and the husband and nouthing more...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think if you want to screw other people you shouldn't get married.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• not for me...but if it works for somebody else...whatever floats your boat.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 11:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My Hubby was in an "open" relationship for about 2 yrs and it didn't work. He said the trust in the relationship was never there, there was no bond between them, because they shared themselves with others, etc... It's not healthy, he was very unhappy. He said he's glad he experienced it so he was sure to seek out someone that didn't want anything to do with it, and only wanted him. Yep, that's me, and there's no way I would want to share my Man with ANYONE....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011