Upset, and hopeless..help

I've posted about my Postpartum Depression many times here b4, but I just feel the need to post again, I'm pissed today, pissed because I feel like this STUPID PPD is robbing me of precious time with my beautiful son, time I will never be able to get back, why is this happening? This PPD has in a way erased my memory, I have very few memories of the good things since my son was born, but hell if I can't remember all of the sad times. I am so sad, and can't understand why this happens to moms. I just want to feel normal again, and feel that cloud 9 feeling that I hear other moms talk about. I Love my son very much, don't get me wrong...VERY VERY VERY much, more than my own life, but there is just this anxiety and sadness that always follows me and makes everything I do sad. I know that I have 2 choices, 1: Cry and bitch about the time I've lost and continue to lose more time because of my sad memories and thoughts. or 2: Try to move on and put the past behind me and take advantage and don't lose more time with my son. I want to be able to move on and let go of the thought that I've lost time, but it's SO hard, this PPD is so dibiltating. Has anyone else gone through this, or felt the same way I do? I know I keep asking, but will this ever go away, I feel like it won't!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 11:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Awww Hugs. I'm sorry you are feeling so down. If you need to talk you can PM me. I haven't been through it but sometimes it's just nice to talk about things with others.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I went through it and yes, it goes away. But you have to get help for it. You're on meds, right? Are you going to therapy too?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• (((((HUGS))) Yes it does get better when your in the belly of the storm its hard to deal with. Start writing every day and keep writing about how you feel. Sometimes talking to your doctor helps to it helped me some people do not believe in meds but if its just for awhile it helps. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• For me meds helped and also going to therapy. We had two, one for just me and one for my husband and I as a couple. While it was still pretty nasty, it wasn't as bad this time as it was with my daughter (and let's befrank with my daughter my opinion was that if it wasn't murder I would've happily offed her I got THAT bad and had to be hospitilized to get straight agian).
    Another thing that helps me is that we got one of those SAD lamps. It' snot meant per say for post partum, more for the seasonal affective. But it helps a little. That UV lighting and whatnot.
    A lot of people are helped by a schedule. We get up at this time. Eat at a certian time, ect, ect. And speaking of eating, that is one thing that also helps keep me from getting too bad and down. I need to eat good meals at least twice a day. Three times is best but it's hard to even eat one let alone make yourself eat two when you're down so I made that my goal.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Meds aren't always a bad thing, yes there is a stigma...but they are out there for a reason. Zoloft helped me, you don't want to stay where you are. It will get better, just make sure to see your doctor and don't feel ashamed. This happens, and it's not your fault. *hugs*
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Please make sure you are talking to a therapist and your doctor . . . it is sooooooooo important. Your mood will get better when your hormones normalize after a while. Hang in there.
    Sometimes acting "as if" will help you get through the day and feel better. Act "as if" you were happy and contented. You will feel better about how the day went.
    And, don't be afraid to call for help if you feel like you are not able to take care of baby. Call someone . . . if no one is available, call 911.
    You'll be beyond this, at some point. It is not forever.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It gets better. I went through it with my second baby and didn't realize that there was something wrong until I went off on my husbands boss for calling him into work one day. We got into see the doctor and she prescribed Cymbalta for me. It worked wonders and I was up and feeling better in no time. I'm not on it anymore, was only on it for a few months, but with proper help and possible medication, it will go away. :)
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thank u all for the nice comments...fortunetly I don't feel so bad to the point where I can't care for my son, i just feel sad and anxious.
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011