How relevant is age difference when choosing a lifetime partner?

The guy im dating is 4 years younger than me and I know he cares about me a lot but I worry about our age difference. Don't get me wrong I think I look great for my age, but hes younger, very handsome and it kinda makes me feel insecure even though he does a great job making me feel secure. Should i risk being with a youner man or find someone older than me ?

GroceryMom

Asked by GroceryMom at 11:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think age matters, as long as he makes you happy.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 4 years is really not such a big difference, love knows no age, if you have found your man and he is good to you etc, keep him!

Answer by older at 11:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 4 years age difference is nothing IMO.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My SO is 19..lol.. Im 24.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would take a step back and see how good it is and not worry about little things like that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 4 years is nothing,,my huspand is 9 years older then me,,im 26 he is 35..i dont think age realy makes a difference if that person makes u happy smile and laugh.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• How old are you?  Four years is not a big gap and bear in mind, that as you age the gap closes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i am also with a man 4 years younger than me. But at my age (48) it really doesnt make much difference i dont think! Neither of us makes a big deal out of it. And I look and act younger than my years. I say, if you are happy with the guy, go for it. Four years isn't all that much of a difference. Why do you think you should find someone older than yourself? I think that is an outdated stereotype, that women should find someone older. He clearly cares for you, regardless of your age!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 11:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• alot of people will say it doesnt matter but i think it does, i wont be with someone if theres more than 5 years difference between us. lucky fr me thers only 2 between me and my husband. but with my parents theres 10 and there relationship wasnt the best one. my dad was older and more worn than my mom. more exsperienced in life and love. the maturity levels were different. there parenting styles were different. so in MY oppion 5 years is the max.... after that its like you two were born in different decades..and if u think about it you were!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Love has no age. Are you happy? If your answer is yes, than you know you have the right man to spend your life with. I wish you the best..
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2011