What is the point of putting up the caution sign if you are going to put the details in the headline?

There's not much that offends me or grosses me out but I just don't understand why people do this. I mean, why can't people put the details inside the post instead? Isn't that what it's for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I guess to warn you that there will be profanity. I think we all can handle it, but whatever, they think we need a warning.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Agree LOL!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yep, I would have to agree!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• OMG I have bitched about this too. It makes no sense to post the gory details in the title then warn others with a TMI flag. Now my 13 year old son wants to know what a blow job is because he was standing behind me,reading the computer screen.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Excellent question.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• mompam, it's not that we can't handle it. It's the fact that I'd rather not if I don't have to. LOL I really didn't want to think about balls in someones mouth this morning, but I'm handling it. LMAO
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• LOL I really didn't want to think about balls in someones mouth this morning, but I'm handling it. LMAO

sidesplittinglaughter

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Musicmom, I was just thinking the same thing,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I missed that question. LOL
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There have been several that are enough they could easily get someone fired if their boss walked up while they were reading it (and say what you want about computer use at work - MOST of the working mothers here during the day are reading from work, either on their phone or their work computer). Not every employer is strict about net usage, but they are about content.

I think part of the problem is they are so oblivious they don't even put the TMI flag on themselves - it gets voted on with the Changes Checklist option, but that doesn't stop the damage that's already done - their chunky secretions and bf's anatomy are still in the subject line.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011