How would you have handled this? :/

The other day my dh and I went to a hardware store and as I was there I noticed a dad that worked there I used to babysit his little baby boy. Everytime the dad would pick his baby up he'd like to chat with me which I did not mind my dh is not much of a chatter to me anyway...lol Well my dh never liked him I asked why? he's like Idk there is just something about the guy I don't care for...personally I think he was just jealous another man talking to me...hehehe anyway when I saw him at the hardware store I wanted to say hello but knowing how my dh would have reacted I pretended not to see this guy :( I was very ocupied with what we were there for. I know he must have recognized up bc he sorta made a loud noise but we just kept looking at paint like nothing I was hoping we'd go the other way but my dh just walked on by like he wasn't there and stupid me I followed behind him and was talking too as I past him by...I just felt bad and stuck up this is not me but to avoid an arguement I just went with my dh and everything was good I bet if I would have even say hello to the guy our day would have been ruined :(
Back to the guy he was really nice to talk to but that was it my dh called him a woman bc he liked to talk like one...lol
Yes my dh is jealous and a tad controlling but hey he is also a very good hubby, daddy and friend I love him. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have done ths exact same thing as you
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I guess the only question I see is in the subject. Your Dh was definitely jealous! Ha, but if he trusts you he shouldn't be worried about anything. If I was you, I would have still at least said hi to this other man- for two reasons...1- just to be polite and 2- because otherwise your DH may have noticed that you didn't, and then he'll think he can influence/control your actions more. That's just my opinion, and I definitely see how you may have felt awkward- but next time just sa hi! lol good luck..
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would have done the same thing as you. I hate making uncomfortable small talk.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would have said hi & told my DH that he's being childish if he bitched about it. My DH may be jealous too if he noticed a man enjoyed talking to me, but he is never rude to anyone & neither am i. We both would have said hi & then DH would have teased me later saying he saw my boyfriend at the hardware store....lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would have said a quick hello.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would have done just as you did
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011