What are some fun , unique ways that moms out there are keeping marriage alive?

My last post and the responses I got about marriage were awesome that that inspired me to ask another question Ive been pondering about with marriage. How are couples keeping the flames alive out there and keeping things exciting for each other as the years roll by. I'm especially interested in hearing from moms that are at least 5 years into a marriage or more as that way we're way past the initial "honeymoon" stages and experiencing real life marriage!

GroceryMom

Asked by GroceryMom at 12:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• 12 years married here and here are some tips for you ready?
    Cook for him a man loves when a woman can cook not a deal breaker but it helps
    Initiate sex they love the attention be a freak in the bed experiment
    Make sure you are confident in yourself
    Never be afraid to wear some lipgloss or look cute
    Massage his back
    Trust
    These things go both ways respect,communicate you are not a mind reader talk things through ask how his day was...You have to grow together and compromise on things and try to do things together Bein married can be trying @ times you have to have eachothers back!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Only been married 10 yr but we try to do date night once month. we don't always go out but we spend night together talking, playing scrabble, having few drinks.
    Its how we reconnect as people not just spouce
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Saran Wrap my body.... LOL.. fried green tomatoes anyone?

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 20 years here...
    Honestly, make sure you spend time together without the kids! It doesn't have to be anything fancy, a trip to the grocery store, for crying out loud... as long as you guys can connect without kids distracting each other. Show interest in what he's saying and doing. That's the key. Then later on when kids aren't gone you won't have to figure out what to talk about with each other.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We have a date night at least once a month. Time alone without the kids is ESSENTIAL to a healthy marriage relationship!! Even if you don't go anywhere, just staying home and watching a movie together and having a quiet dinner is good. You have to show your kids that Mommy and Daddy love each other enough to WANT to spend time together. I know a couple who refuses to go out alone because they are afraid something will happen to them and they'll leave their kids as orphans. That blows my mind!!! My kids enjoy it when we go out on a date because they usually spend the night with Grandma and Pap pap and that's always fun! We have been married for 15 years this past November.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Keep your relationship fun.  Now I know it's hard to do when you have young children, but date nights are important.  You can also plan something together at home when the little ones are asleep.  We sometimes rent a movie and plan some yummy snacks and drinks.

This really pays off when the children are older.  My husband and I have been re-building our social life now that our kids are teenagers.  When we eventually have an empty nest, we won't looking at each other across the room saying "now what?"  We will be getting together with friends, going for walks or rides in the country on his motorcycle, or weekends away.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm not married- but my parents are about to have their 30th anniversary, and I grew up watching them more in love with each other than any other couple I've seen. Whenever people asked them how they survived being together and raising six kids they always say the same thing- date night!!! Since I can remember, and to this day (even though more than half of us are outta the house) they have 'date night' once a week. Sometimes it's dinner, sometimes it's out to a movie, and sometimes it's just them two at home in a room for two uninterrupted hours....but it's time they had together and alone, to reconnect amongst the business. Sometimes they'd go do random things like picnics too, or go bowling even though they RARELY did that- but just to be fun/silly. My Dad always bought my Mom simple little random gifts to let her know he was thinking about her- and she always left him cute notes around the house. Hope this helps lol
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Simply make time for each other and continue a mutual respect.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• kinky sex helps :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 7yrs married..... Role play, talk out your fantasies during sex, make time for a date night and go to a sex shop look around together and even buy something! If you try having fun with it he'll get the idea and love it!
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 10:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011