• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever been jealous of anyone?

Who were you jealous of & why? Did you get over it?

I have been experiencing jealous feelings the past few years towards someone & i'm curious if there is a way to fix that. I'm not used to jealousy at all, i've always been the non-jealous type. This is a new experience for me & the first time i'm feeling jealous of anyone. Is there a way to get over jealousy? I really hate this feeling...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• How do you learn to have more confidense? I've always had good self esteem, or at least i thought i did. I like myself & think i'm pretty & all that. It's a little easier said than done to pin point what it is you feel insecure about & compare that to my new jealousy issue.

It's really just about learning to accept who you are and what you have. Not that I condone bashing others but it does help to remind yourself what you have that she doesn't, or what she has that you don't want. Nobody is perfect. It is easier said than done but there is no real cure for jealously. It's just accepting yourself and not caring about what others have. It takes time and practice!
    Anonymous

• When I felt jealous, it ended up being an insecurity that I had for myself. By realizing that what I had was just fine, I no longer felt jealous. Except where my XH was concerned...I was jealous because he gave me reason to doubt his fidelity.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Jealousy happens but it can be unhealthy.......learn to have confidence and stick up for yourself
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've been envious of things other people have but never jealous of any one person or their lives. Most people who have things I wish I had also have problems I would never want so it goes both ways.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• its human nature to feel jealousy but not to the point that it affects you or that person. there are different kinds of jealousy if its toward another female i would really think about the reason ur feeling that way, insecurity can lead to really low self esteem . just remember we are all beautiful in our own way . learn to love yourself and accept your flaws when you can look in the mirror and see beauty beyond the superficial you will be much happier with yourself.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've always been jealous of any and all beautiful gorgeous women.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i used to get jealous as a child but as a grown woman i haven't so i can't say who or why i was jealous. just that you need to stop comparing yourself to her and i would assume that the jealousy would go away.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have never been the jealous type, but right now I think I am a little jealous because my SO is 162 miles away.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011