Mommas that do limited or no dairy...

I really want to lower the amount of dairy in my diet but I have come to the conclusion that it is MUCH harder to do than I thought it would be...especially since almost everything I eat has milk or cheese. What kind of things do you use in the place of dairy products? I am not going to cut it all out completely but I would like to drastically lower my intake.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I use the lactose milk and even the silk choclate milk is good. I do not eat ice cream but eat rainbow sherbet and even eat frozen yougat for the place of ice cream. some stores even carry lactose cheese, cottage cheese, etc. I do eat cheese but just limit how much I eat.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• omg it's hard i love diary!!!! ehh i am on the same page as you!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't usually limit it, but when we have colds & such going on I just cut out milk. We don't eat yogurt, don't eat a huge amount of cheese, I use little milk in my cooking...so I just don't drink or let the kids drink milk - that right there is the easiest way to cut dairy out for us. Ice cream & pudding too, just don't do them. Just cut back - like if you have a recipe with cheese, only use half the cheese. Don't make creamy, milk-based soups,
    Anonymous