When did u stop using the baby monitor?

My dd room is pretty far from us and we sleep with a box fan on so its hard to hear her without the monitor! once she is sleeping all night (right now she only wakes up once, she is 11 months old) my hubby wants to not use it. but im afraid of her needing me or something! idk i could see myself using the monitor forever!! lol! when did u stop using ur baby monitor??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• at a couple months when he kept turning it off!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Never had one. They weren't around when my boys were babies. When we took custody of the grandkids we just never thought about needing one. I think my sisiter used hers until he kids were 3 or so.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Never used one.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I used mine once with the 1st kid......now the youngest carries around the leftover pieces and pretends its a phone...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• never used one
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my kids are 4 and 7 and I still use it on occasion...lol I quit using it regularly at night once my kids were out of the baby bed...so around 3 but my DD uses hers as a night light and my end has lights on it that light up when there is sound...so after they were sleeping through the night I turned it all the way down and if I thought I heard them I could see the lights flashing if it was them. If my DD is sick I will turn it on still as well since she wakes up anytime someone opens her door.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My daughter is almost 2 1/2 and I still use it when we're not in the room with her :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We still use ours and she's 2 1/2. We have a video monitor with 2 cameras. In the mornings, she likes to play in her room, so we have 2 views..one of her bed and then one of 95% of the rest of her room. We watch her play and it's actually really cute to see how she pretends. She has a new baby changing station/high chair/ sink/washing machine combo and she's so funny. This morning she was saying "Oh baby, you tooted. You need a change"....then she walked with a wipe and threw it away. Then she said "EWWW YUCK POO POO....I wash my hands baby." Too funny!! I really liked having it when switching her to a big girl bed, that way I could make sure she hadn't fallen out. Also, our house is 3 floors and if we're on the bottom floor we won't hear her at all.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I never stopped. I love that thing. I can hear my 4 yo playing in her room when I am downstairs. Now that I have a 7 month old, we need it for when he sleeps at night.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think it is a great thing to have. Use it as long as you like...it isn't going to hurt anything:)
    dpage9847

Answer by dpage9847 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011