Is it weird that at 29 I don't have "real friends"?

luvzebra

Asked by luvzebra at 12:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I am 30 and only have 2 'real friends' and one of those lives 4 states away...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, sometimes being a mommy can take a toll on our friendships. We tend to get lost in our children and their lives and forget about ourselves. My hubby and I have moved around a lot and it always took me awhile to make new "real" friends because I would get so wrapped up on getting my kids settled that I would forget about me.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I am 39 I don't think I have any real friends. Some associates here and there but I think now a days it is not impossible but it is very hard to find a real friend.

One girl who I thought was a real friend, turned out to be horrible. I thought I knew her, we have been friends since I was 13 now, we don't talk as of Thanksgiving. Go figure....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I am 23 and dont have ANY friends.
    I'm a stay at home mom and we only have one car and hubby drives it to work so i have zero time for friends and the friends i had in high school just arent in the same place in life that i am. I am 23, married and have 3 children and i enjoy being a sahm but i really need to make some friends.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• dont feel bad im 24 and dont have ANY friends real or fake. i used to have associates but ever since my husband and i married in august and moved to a new state i dont even have that. ive never been that girl with a circle of friends to begin with. any friend i thought i had were better off as an enemy. I miss the female companionship but if its not gonna be real then my hubby will have to do for now.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Do you have a s/o or family that you spend time with or talk to?? I think it's impotant to have relationships outside of the ones we have with our children.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• neither did i, and in this digital, high paced world, its not that unusual anymore. Also depends on what you life and personality were and are like.

For me, I was an Army-brat, so I had no roots or friends when I finally left home. I was 18. So I adopted the place I lived in that I liked the best for "where I was from" and the friends I made were just the people I knew last in High School and then the Army after I joined up. After the army, I was back to having no friends again and it stayed that way for years. My only real social network was work and when I wasn't at work, I was flying solo until Monday morning. When I got married, I didn't have any friends to speak of. The Matron of Honor was just a lady I knew from work really good, but we weren't what I call friends, but she was the only non-relative I could think of that would be willing to do it. CM is even the closest I get today for pals

So NO its not unusual lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I feel ya its pretty lonely on my end.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Nope. Life moves in cycles and you constantly meet new people or even end relationships for whatever reason. It will change.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, life and times create distances between friends. I keep in touch with my friends of 30+ years via Facebook now. That has been a blessing.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011