Isn't it pathetic....

that we live in a society where celebrities like Kate Gosselin, Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen are put on a pedestal while hardworking, productive members of society like doctors, teachers and scientists are barely acknowledged?!?!?!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• YES! It makes me sick! Big reason why I avoid watching TV and reading gossip magazines. I'm tired of seeing those people.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh Man! I've been ranting about that one for a very long time.

I come from a long line of teachers. Although my mother was very much loved by her students, the parents didn't always appreciate her. It was always the same story.

And while we are at it, it seems completely backwards and wrong that professional athletes get paid so much for playing a game and teachers and child care providers get paid so little! It's ridiculous!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes it is pathetic!!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• YEP!! It annoys me to no fricken end! I can't stand celebrities and I sure as hell would never want to have those idiots in my life. If they were just your average run of the mill abuser/drug user/skank no one would want to have anything to do with them, but because they are "famous" people fall all over themselves just to be close. YUCK!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree totally! It's almost like it's a crime to be smart (at least while you're in school) Kids who do well are called names. Little do the doofuses know, those people will likely be their boss someday! I worked at a school that had a project I really loved. It was a HS science class. Students were to make Science trading cards (like for sports figures) w/ facts/stats about their scientist or inventor. The kids got into it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• so agree
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, I think it's very fair. (Push sarcasm button now).
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes! And the more people you sleep with, cheat on, have kids with, abuse, etc gets you MORE attention!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• BUMP! Agree!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011