nap/bed time potty training.

my 3yr old girl was very hard to potty train. shes finally getting the hang of it. thank god. but she still has accidents at nap/bed time and refuses to wear a pull up now. i make sure about a hour before nap/bed time no drinks and we try to go before we get in bed. i even put her potty in her room so if she has to go she can use it. but I'm going to say 98% of the time she pees he panties. any other ideas how to get her how not to wet herself at nap/bed time? my sis-in-law thinks i let her nap to long but i strongly believe that she will sleep as long as her body tells her to. shes like her daddy and likes to sleep. sometimes she will nap for 3 hours. do you think its to long for a kid her age(3) to be napping?

my sis-in-law thinks i let her nap to long. but i strongly believe that her body should tell her how long to sleep not me. shes like her daddy and likes to sleep. sometimes her naps can last up to 3 hours. is that to long for a kid her age(3) to be napping?

heather-bear

Asked by heather-bear at 12:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• put the pull up on her for naps, she will get over it
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• tried that but she just takes them off. she says shes a big girl and don't need them.

heather-bear

Comment by heather-bear (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it. I sometimes wish my son, who's 3, would take a nap. I know that if he takes a nap he won't go to bed at bedtime, which is 8 PM. If he stays up, he is ready to go to bed on time. But, if you don't have that problem, then who cares what anyone else thinks? DS made the decision to start going to the potty on his own, we tried and tried to get him to do it, but he wouldn't. A week after he trained himself, he stopped having accidents.
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011