Do you think my cookie dough would work if i only used half the amount of butter?

... I am having trouble justifying two sticks of butter in this recipe.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Probably not, baking is a science and if you start messing with the ingredients, the product doesn't turn out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, you have to have the fats-solids-sugars ratios right for your cookies to come out right. You can sub 1/2 of it with vegetable shortening, or make a half batch, but you can't just cut the fats in half and have the cookies come out right.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Baking is chemistry. If you leave out a stick it will be horrible. What do you mean you can't justify using two sticks of butter in this recipe? Do you mean it's not that good of a result to spend that much on. If so, find another recipe.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• LOL Cut the recipe in half. Then you won't have to worry about using 2 sticks of butter. :)
    Anonymous

• You can substitute shortening for the butter.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I figured, it's a gift, a jar of all the ingredients for cookies layered all pretty in sugar and chocolate chips, just add butter and egg. :) I can't half that
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Shake shake shake - and halve! Hehehe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011