I feel so alone....

At the beginning of November I was told I had HPV. Beginning of December I was told I had level 2 pre-cancerous cells in my body. I'm having a LEEP done this Friday. I'm having them check my lymph notes to see if the pre-cancerous cells have spread. I'm telling my husband all the stuff my doctor told me about how it can spread and be undetected and turn into cancer. (he's deployed so he's not here to deal with it with me) I told him If i did get cancer I wont do treatments since cervical cancer is hard to cure.
He doesn't want me talking about this and wish I never told him. I feel like I need to talk about it and let him know the possibilities. I said pre-cancerous isn't a good thing but its not bad either. We discovered it early so thats very good.
No one will talk to me about this. None of my in laws becuase my FIL just died almost a year ago from cancer. No one in my family cares thinks its not a big deal or I'm making it up. I never share my feelings with my family (besides hubby) but when I finally do everyone wants me to shut my mouth because they dont want to hear the word cancer. I feel if it does happen (not afraid, slim chance) I'll be alone and my family will just p and leave me so they dont have to deal with it again.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• There are very good therapist who deal with exactly your situation. Perhaps your docotr can recomend one for you. You need to talk to someone who understands and who can comfort you during this time. Sometimes you just need a person who is willing to listen and sometimes it's hard for family and friends to listen because they are scared to. I hope you find what you are looking for and I hope everything turns out well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Pre-cancerous cells can take 10-15 years to develop into cancer so early detection is very important in treating cervical cancer. Fortunately, more than 90% of this type of cancer is curable if the disease is detected and treated early enough.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• That is a hard thing and I wish there was people you could run to. It is very hard to have a spouse away for long periods of time. I would look in to support groups that can help you cope with your medical needs.
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Wow I'm sorry you have to deal with this and don't have anyone you can easily talk to. Your hubby and family are probably shutting you down more out of fear than anything else. They're probably just afraid of what may happen, so rather not talk about it at all until you know anything for sure- it definitely doesn't mean they don't love you or don't want to support you, but that they're unsure of how. That's my opinion. I do wish you the best of luck, and wish I knew more about this. I got HPV too before, but nothing cancerous. If your husband is deployed- than that's probably the main reason of him not wanting to deal with it, because he can't comfort you and be there for you in the way that you need, and most men aren't good at expressing their emotions. Is there any type of pamphlets or info that you can give your fam so that they at least realize you aren't making it up?
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Im sorry momma.........you must be scared. Do you have any friends that you can lean on? Im betting your husband is acting like he is because he's feeling pretty helpless.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• First off, i'm sorry and I will pray for you. 2nd,...cancer isn't something that can be prevented, if so, we would be doing everything (almost everyone) to not get cancer. So if your family just ups and leaves, what kind of family is that? Not one. I'm really sorry, and I wish there was something I could do, but I can tell u, god works in mysterious ways. idk if ur a believer, but if u r, pray!!!! my mom is a survivor, and so is my grandmother. i hope a miracle works in ur favor
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Im sorry your family is not there to support you. Although I do understand your husbands point of view because he has other things to worry about with being deployed. I know it is all hard and I hope that it does not turn into cancer. My sister went through this and turned out just fine. If you ever want to talk about it im sure there is a group on here or you can message me if you ever feel like you are overwhelmed and just need someone to talk to....either about this or something else. Hang in there and I wish you the best of luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm sooo sorry I can't imagein going thru this alone. I would ask your dr for support groups in your area or even online, you need that even if its not cancer or serious or whatever, its alot to process. Good luck!!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've been through the HPV and precancerous cells. The dr. caught mine early and removed the cells. Then 6 weeks later, I was pregnant with my dd. I had been told for years that I would never have children. SURPRISE! Hang in there. Hopefully you will have good results as well.
    clctalking

Answer by clctalking at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Hon, I think it is very treatable - good thing you are getting treatment early. Godspeed and God Bless.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011