''Anon'' button

Personally, I don't think there should be an option to be 'anon' ... If you're going to post a rude comment, and choose to be anon, what does that say about yourself? Now, in the case of posting a personal question, such as about abortion, or a very touchy subject, and then choose to be anon, that is somethin' different.

It just aggrevates me when I post something, and someone comes back with a mean, rude, nasty comment and it's anonymous

how do u all feel about it?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• if its used to be rude, I agree with you.

If its used to give an honest answer without fear of getting flamed over it, then fine

In the end, we're still All ANON anyways, just a screenname and a silly pic attached without any real way of knowing who the person is and anything about them. All ANON does is prevent that person from getting emailed or flamed in future threads. Also sorta protects their reputation as far as giving and input in the future (Oh don't listen to SoNSo, they said this....blabblahblah)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I see plenty of rude comments that Aren't anon and I see plenty of Anon answers that aren't rude or snarky. It just kind of is what it is.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm tired of people asking questions about the anon. button being taken away.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• People misuse it all the freaking time, I hate it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I see plenty of rude mommas here with names and pictures, being anon doesn't automatically make one rude. Just because a momma used anon to snark doesn't bother me. I don't take it out on all anons. I see too many mommas jump on that bandwagon.

Rude is as rude does. Rude bothers me, anon does not.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm with you knicole
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 1:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011