Moms who wrk outside the home: R u able to have dinner on table every nite, keep up w/ housewrk, & keep DH happy in bed? Just wondering bc it's hard to keep it all together. Can ne1?

melrose79

Asked by melrose79 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, house work gets slacked, when DH works night shift I never cook dinner for myself (I always have food that I made earlier prefrozen for the kids). I could keep DH happy in bed though :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No DH, so I don't worry about that. As far as housework, it's a constant battle and I usually spent at LEAST one day every weekend catching up on it. Dinner is always my responsibility, so yeah, I get dinner made just about every night. Once in awhile I get so tired I call a "FEND" night, which means there's enough leftovers in the fridge everyone can "fend" for themselves and still eat.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I work outside the home and I've learned to have dinner on the table, help the kids with homework, do chores, still keep hubby happy in bed and to have time for myself as well...it wasn't easy prioritzing these things but I did...it doesn't work for everyone but it has worked for me and has kept my family happy...here's a brief description...when it comes to the meals for the week, I plan ahead and do most of the preparing during the weekend. Laundry, I do a load a night & fold while I'm helping the kids with homework or I'll clean the house while helping the kids w/homework. I also delegate tasks to everyone so I'm not exhausted...the kids have a certain time to be in bed, so I take advantage and find me time, while they are in bed....by the time my dh comes to bed, I've calmed myself down and ready to focus some attention on him...If you want to know more inbox me...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well I can have dinner on the table some night bt we agreed he'd do the cookn & I'd clean. Plus he's a better cook & I hate touch meat, tho I eat it. My house is very clean bt I can do better, I keep him happy I'm bed. I wish I could do it all. I kno we all probly do.
    melrose79

Comment by melrose79 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, I have to be at work at 6am and I get off work at 2:30pm. I then go pick up my son, make dinner, clean up after dinner, have fun time, then it's homework, showertime, bedtime at 8pm. Then I straighten up the house and take my shower and hit the sack around 9:30pm so I get enough sleep (wake up at 4:30am to do it all again). I am an STNA in a nursing home and my job is physically and mentally demanding but I do what I have to do to care for my family...and I do this all while 5months pregnant. It can be done.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Phew! U ladies r really hardworking! I applaud u!
    melrose79

Comment by melrose79 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i work full time have a cooked meal 6 out of 7 days a week fri is pizza day and try really hard to please the hubby at the least twice a week but my day doesnt end at 430 when i get out of work it just goes into home time do hw with 3 kids cook dinner give baths/showers then have them go to bed and up again next day at 615 its a crazy cycle
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sounds like hard work! Im a stay-at-home mom but I do all of the above. :) (Besides work outside the home) GOOD luck sounds like you're going a goo job.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011