Your favorite use for peroxide?

I LOVE peroxide! I use it to get stains out of laundry, the carpet, mattresses. I use it to disinfect (instead of chemicals like bleach or lysol). Contrary to popular belief, peroxide does not "bleach" everything. I have never had a problem with peroxide bleaching my carpet or clothing or anything else so far. My favorite use is for the carpet stains. I just twist a spray nozzle onto the peroxide bottle (peroxide mustn't be exposed to light) and use it just about every day to get something off the carpet or a rug. I spray it and then tamp it up with a cloth diaper. Sometimes it needs repeating, but it works fabulously!

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 1:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• LOVE it for cleaning out stains, especially blood - it works better than anything else I've ever tried. I also like rinsing my mouth with it, the dentist said that once a day is fine to reduce bacteria. (Instead of mouthwash, he said that most don't actually kill germs)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I really only use peroxide for my jewelry and for cuts/scratches.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I always keep some to clean up what aunt flo messes up.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 2:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Cleaning up blood, I put mine on my cold sores when I get it but that's about all I use it for
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It is the best thing for blood stains ever!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011