am i right to make him choose?

ok me and my DH have been having some problems i'm not gonna blame them all on him cos i know that it has been my fault too, but since he started hanging with this one person she has caused many fights between us, well i made friends with some people and one of them just happens to have been a friend of my DH's friend but they had a fight and dont talk anymore well my husband doesnt like it and even commented with our other friend that i'm hanging out with someone who happens to be his friends worst enemy, so i told him today im not gonna get dirty looks or hear things being said about me if she cant say it to my face and cos she has got him where she wants him i told him he needs to choose cos im sick and tired of her always needing him and causing a rift even though she says there aint nothing there im a women i know she wants him it aint hard to tell

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• "I don't think it is really a good idea to be close friends with anyone of the opposite sex when married..esp if that friend isn't also a friend of the spouce."

I disagree. But then, my friendships have all been made in the workplace and it's rare for me to socialize outside of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You absolutely have a right to ask your husband to end/amend a relationship with another woman when it makes you uncomfortable.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Absolutely not. Tell him that to him its friendly but to her its more. And make it clear to her that you know what she's trying to do and if she don't stay away from your family it will be hell to pay. I'm not saying you have to beat her up i'm just saying don't just stand there and let her take your spot.
    Smiles0305

Answer by Smiles0305 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry... really having trouble following what you wrote since it's all one sentence.

So... HE is associating with someone YOU don't like, and YOU are associating with someone HE doesn't like? Or that his friend doesn't like?

You're of course within your rights in any event. He is also free to tell you not to associate with someone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If she's causing problems I would make him choose. Its either her or me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• he dont like it cos im hanging with someone his friend dont like if they didnt have a problem he wouldnt care about it but truth is his friend has been causing problems since day 1 and he just doesnt see it, thank god she leaves in just over a month its not gonna get here fast enough
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You can make him chose but be prepared for the choice he makes being not you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• well if he chooses a friend then he dont even love his own children n the one im carrying
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• wow im sorry ur going thru that but i will say this, my hubby knows better than to ever say hes gonna hang out with a female friend i dont believe in male/female friendships . u gotta right to make him choose!
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i have male friends but im more friends with their wifes than them, he says she like his twin sister he never had but that aint true
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011