Anyone know anything about mold tests?

I have had a leak in my apartment bedroom and last week it got really bad so the landlord had to open up the ceiling and its been open ever since. My eyes have been itchy, my nose has been stuffy and a bit bloody and today I woke up with a sore throat and feeling sick even though I haven't been in contact with anyone that is sick!

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and pretty much flipping out about the idea of it being mold. Has anyone used an at home mold test or hired someone to come out? How reliable are the tests?

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The tests are very reliable, they can tell you where it is at and how harmful it is, you shouldn't be exposed to any of it. If you call your local health dept they might come out and tell you for a small fee, otherwise private mold companies are expensive.

Answer by older at 2:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011