Not sure if ill know what to do...

im going to be taking classes for breast feeding, and i want to breast feed for about 9 months to a year..

will that be too long to breast feed and will it be hard to get the baby to switch to a bottle?

Also, im not sure if ill know when he or she is hungry..it scares me because what if it doesnt "just come to me" i know it should...but im scared as hell..

1 more thing...at about 9 months to a year can the baby eat food or can i breastfeed instead of giving him or her say....Apple sauce for example...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfeeding till 9months to a year is excelent and i hope it all works out for you. Trust me when i say you will know when your baby is hungry they let you know. By 6months you should be starting them on solids. typicaly you start with rice cearel and go from there by 9months they should be eating all the gerber stage one maybe some 2 foods. and typically they take to a bottle well its alot less work. One peice of advice is dont let baby have a bottle for atleast 2weeks after birth let the baby get used to your breast.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008