Is there anyway to get DH to eat healthier?

I make healthy dinners. Often he'll eat a bit of it, then 2 seconds later is raiding the fridge or cupboard for some other crap. I try to get semi-healthier snacks for him (i.e. bought dried fruit, healthier chips, etc) but then he just gripes about it not being "the good ones."

It doesn't help that MIL lives with us and is constantly shoving food towards him (Oh, why don't you eat that extra meat so we don't have to have it leftover? or Can you finish mine I can't eat all of this?) I made him a healthy lunch today. He probably has other crap at work to snack on though.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• well.. you are kinda screwed with the MIL there. Best you can do is make sure you do all the buying of food and take away all his pocket change. :) (ya know... "honey I need some cash.. got any on ya?"
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would start only putting on the table enough for the people you are serving so that your MIL is not forcefeeding your husband leftovers. You might also try the guilt treatment on her, is she trying to push her son into an early grave? Remind him that the snacks you have for him are the ones that will help him live longer and don't keep the crap snacks at home. Also, see if you can find healthier alternatives to some of his favorites.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• What a joke. DH ate the lunch I gave him today. Then he came home to work at home with some business clients (he sometimes works out of his home office) and they brought him a full Mexican lunch so he ate that too. What a friggen joke.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• if he's going to do that (eat a whole second meal) then there's not much you can do. He has to push away from the table. MIL doesn't help, but your dh has to say "no thank you." You can't do it for him.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 9:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011