Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter ate the ink thing out of a marker. What should I do?

My 3yr old got a hold of the ink thing out of a marker and ate the ink out of it. Should I take her to the ER just in case? I don't really have any info on if its non toxic or not bc it came with a pumpkin carving kit. My phone is cut off at the moment so I can't call the poison control #

Answer Question
 
mlg87ok

Asked by mlg87ok at 2:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 7 (153 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I also have no way to call my husband home from work so I can have a vehicle to drive anywhere.
    mlg87ok

    Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • I'd just watch her for any change of behavior.. if that isn't good enough for ya, run over to the neighbors and call so you can rest at ease.
    Jambo4

    Answer by Jambo4 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • If you don't know if it's toxic take her in, go to her ped if you can get in there. Take the marker and kit with you.
    rhianna1708

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • go to hospital. My brother watched his classmate pass away because he choked on a bic top.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • So should I call 911 bc we only have one vehicle and my husband has it at work with him and all I can make from my phone is 911 calls.
    mlg87ok

    Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • Go to the neighbors and call poision control! It's not an emergency that needs a 911 call.
    AmiJanell

    Answer by AmiJanell at 6:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • give her milk, that is what poison control usually tells me. BTW my son just did this tonight. I read your question and started laughing.
    Hope she was not covered in the marker, like my son.
    sandbuster

    Answer by sandbuster at 9:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN