My daughter ate the ink thing out of a marker. What should I do?

My 3yr old got a hold of the ink thing out of a marker and ate the ink out of it. Should I take her to the ER just in case? I don't really have any info on if its non toxic or not bc it came with a pumpkin carving kit. My phone is cut off at the moment so I can't call the poison control #

mlg87ok

Asked by mlg87ok at 2:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I also have no way to call my husband home from work so I can have a vehicle to drive anywhere.
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'd just watch her for any change of behavior.. if that isn't good enough for ya, run over to the neighbors and call so you can rest at ease.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you don't know if it's toxic take her in, go to her ped if you can get in there. Take the marker and kit with you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• go to hospital. My brother watched his classmate pass away because he choked on a bic top.
    Anonymous

• So should I call 911 bc we only have one vehicle and my husband has it at work with him and all I can make from my phone is 911 calls.
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Go to the neighbors and call poision control! It's not an emergency that needs a 911 call.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• give her milk, that is what poison control usually tells me. BTW my son just did this tonight. I read your question and started laughing.
    Hope she was not covered in the marker, like my son.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011