????about push ur kid?????

is it wrong to push ur 2 yr old into a sport, so they will wanna be in it when they get into school???? isnt that how kids get into the sport they are in??????

niftymisty

Asked by niftymisty at 2:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 is way too young IMO
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• a 2 year old is still a baby IMO. They shouldn't be in sports yet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• never said he was playing a sport.. its about getting him to like a sport. like watching it on tv. and there isnt anything wrong with a 2 yr old to through around a ball or play a sport now...
    niftymisty

Comment by niftymisty (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My oldest son, who is 12, played his first season of baseball last year after he showed interest. I don't see a need in making kids do things until they want to.
    Anonymous

• The only thing my 2 year old cares about is what's for lunch.. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my son loves to watch football, and loves to throw his footbal back in forth with someone.....i was just wondering am i wrong for telling him football and buying him footballs, and having him watch it on tv.. my sister did this with her daughter and it was about cheerleading and dance and color guard. and now shes 15 and doing them all . just wasnt sure if its right or not???
    niftymisty

Comment by niftymisty (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't push things like that on a child of any age, especially that young. Let him choose what he likes. Encourage him, but don't push him.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011