What meal can I make out of a box of rice?

I've made chicken & pork chops & my family is getting tired of that combo so am looking for new idea's....thanks in advance!

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Hamburger helper has all types of rices and meals you can make just add the chicken, broccoli casserole, chicken prioleau. Cream of mushroom and chicken over rice ,Take the porkchops and make a stir fry rice and sautee the porkcops and put teriyaki and sweet and sour sauce on them,.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Fried rice
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• stir fry, overstuffed burritos, paella, risotto...if this is instant rice, your options are a little more limted. If it's normal rice you have tons of ways to go.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Hawaiian chicken and rice

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Do you have veggies to put in it? I had broccoli and rice last week.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Curried rice.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Red beans and rice
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I make something similar to this... http://www.minuterice.com/en-us/recipes/2775/BBQCheeseburgerandRiceSkillet.aspx but it has bacon in it as well.... also some ketchup and mustard. It's a hit!!

Check out this site for all kinds of ideas... I don't think you have to use minute rice, you can use whatever, you might just have to adjust based on the rice you have... http://www.minuterice.com/en-us/recipes/search/default.aspx
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Add some broccoli & chicken and cream of mushroom soup & voila! Its a great meal.
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 3:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Cut some steak into strips and marinade it for a few hours.. The cook some rice & broccoli and top it of with the steak stips. Thats what Im making tonight for dinner :) Will probably add some soy sauce or something to the rice though.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011