Do you like the "Pioneer Women"? I've tried some of her recipes but that's about it.

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I love the recipes I've tried from her site - I really want to get my hands on her cookbook as long as its not just things I can get online.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Her pecan pie recipe is to die for and so easy (except I use good old Pillsbury pie crust rather than making my own). I have her cookbook, too, but haven't made too many of the recipes yet, but I like how she does pictures throughout the recipe so you can make sure what you're doing at home looks right as you go along. And I like her sense of humor.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I read her photography stuff. Her recipes are like Paula Deen - death on a plate. That's not to say the end result wouldn't taste good, there are a few I've tried for special occasions like the crash potatoes and cinnamon rolls (those are happy, joyous death on a plate). But, I'd never use them for my day to day cooking.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Who?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond...She was a city gal that married a country cowboy..She has her own recipe book out..
    girliemom0406

Comment by girliemom0406 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh ok. I have heard of her. Thank you.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I love her coffee cake (literally!) recipe, though I don't make it frequently and I never make it with the frosting. As for the book, most, if not all, of the recipes in it are on the website, so I'd only get the book if you want a handy reference without having to lug your laptop to the kitchen.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I LOOOOOOOOOVE her! I have a friend that makes her recipes 3-4 times a week and posts them on facebook, lol. Her blog is awesome.
    Anonymous