pregnant and depressed

so im about 8wks pregnant and before i got pregnant i was on depression meds cause i was tired all the time i didnt want to be touch or be intimate or anything just left alone and taking meds help which then led to me getting pregnant and im starting to feel the same way and i dont think its a pregnacy depression. is there a medication that you can take while your pregnant for depression?

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you better talk to your OB! the quicker the better....thre has got to be something to help and you did not state how bad your depression was GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't think so. Sunlight and regular exercise is supposed to help. It's hard to get out when you feel like poo but you have to make yourself. Good luck!
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 2:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes there is meds you can take.. i had this same prob when i was preg with my son... you need to go in and see your ob and they can give you something that will help
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 3:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• after your 1st trimester you can, i took zoloft from about week 25 until i gave birth and my son didnt have any heart problems
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I was the same way... you just need to train yourself not to think about the past, or whatever makes you depressed. I lost my father 4 months before I was pregnant... Things happen... you have to try to stay positive and think happy thoughts for your baby. If I can do it, trust me, anyone can. It isn't easy and its an every day battle... but it isn't just mine or your life at hand anymore. There are depression meds out there... it isn't good for the babies brain development though. Nor would you be able to breast feed either. Just try to only be around positive people, and positive things. Good luck.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• idk i just need to do something cause my husband is always jumping down my throut about me not wanting to have sex with him and then we get into this big fight and its not healthy and i want to be happy and with him thats y i married him but i cant do this shit no more
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You should make an appointment with your dr. They have a wide knowledge on what is safe to take. I know there are anti depressants you can take pregnant but regardless your dr. has to see you and prescribe them.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 3:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i was given zolft as wll. the nusr said it can take upto 2 weeks to kick in.. but idk
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• wow so sorry my keyboard messed up
    mommyoftristan