Has anybody here had a natural homebirth breech delivery?

I am 36 weeks pregnant, and my baby is still heads-up. This is my second pregnancy and my first was breech too. At that time I was undereducated and opted for a C-section. With this pregnancy I have done everything out there to try to turn this baby. I am convinced breech is his position of choice. So if anybody has anything positive to say on delivering a breech, and their experience including baby birth weight, and how many weeks they were at delivery that would be greatly appreciated. :)

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 3:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Let me try again. Check out the Birth is Normal group on cafemom. Here is the link: http://www.cafemom.com/group/2212

Several women there have birthed breech babies at home.! Good for you for getting informed and trusting birth!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ihave never had a breechbirth.However my midwife has attended several very successful and wonderfulbreech births! http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/03/breech-variation-of-normal.html

Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry! It must be frustrating. Unfortunatly it isn't safe to do so. It's very common for breech delivery babies to get their head stuck in the birth canal and strangle. Thank God my BFF was in the hospital when it happened. They didn't even know baby had breeched!
    In my experience with all 4 of my deliveries I had to set my idea of how I wanted the birth to be aside, and put my childs saftey above that. I hope you do find the info you are looking for. Best wishes! Hang in there!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• First off, I agree with micheldo...lot's good information on breech births at BIN. Second off, babies can turn as late as active labor, you still have a few weeks, don't start panicing yet. You also might check out the site spinningbabies for info on getting him to turn. There are many things you can do to help encourage baby to turn.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 4:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't worry just yet. It's perfectly safe to have a breech baby at home, I agree with pp who said check out the CM group BIN, you'll get good info there. My son was breech until the week I had him & flipped to head down. It's also not uncommon for babies to flip from breech to head down while you're in labor. Check out the site spinningbabies.com that helped me a lot too.
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 4:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Have you tried putting frozen veggies on your belly where his head is?? Or how about crawling around on the floor on your hands and knees?? I was about 30 weeks and my son was still heads up and I looked up ways to naturally turn him. The veggies got him to move a little but crawling on the floor made him flip over. I even felt him summer sault in there. Good luck!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Because of the previous c-section I don't know if I would do it at home. It's not the breeched part alone, there is still a small chance of uterine rupture. We aren't just talking about a breech baby we also have to consider it is a vbac as well. I'm all for you trying this delivery, but feel it is better attempted at a hospital where they can help out should need arise. if there hadn't been a previous c-section you would have my support for home birth. My breech baby fell into distress and we had to do an emergency c-section so I can't help there with any success story.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011