what do i do?

i, personally have a 4month old baby girl. I moved in with in laws and one of them has a 2year old girl. She is a brat! i don't know how to handle things and i get so frustrated sometimes that i just walk away. disipline is like not there at all. I put her in time outs and explain why she was there and what she should have done differently. i need help. what do i do?

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 3:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Talk to the parents! See what they are willing to do. Maybe they have good reasons? Maybe you are just getting an idea of what you are getting yourself into. Take a breathe, and remember, the parents are in control.... Talk to them, and see if they can work together?
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 3:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I would talk with the parents or you SO if nothing is working it could be becasue she doesn't feel that she needs to listen to you. Also, you are not the parent so it might be best to get the parents involved.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would say something to them!! I would do it nicely and just say can they please keep a better eye on her because she is doing things she shouldn't be. It isn't your job to disapline her it is theirs. You shouldn't be stressed about their child!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 3:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would talk to her parents.. maybe shes acting out cuz this new baby is here, and she feels acting out will keep everyones eyes on her. she is 4 still young and still prob not seeing that she is doing anything wrong i would talk to her aee how she feels. about the baby about you being there. you did move into her place and its prob a big change for her and she may be having probs ajusting to it...
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Why are you raising this two year old? Talk to her parents and let her know that they need to step up and do their job.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah i know that's how i feel (JazzlikeMraz) He works nights and sleeps during the day and we(my hubby, myself, and other sister in law which is pregnant) to watch her. He says that she is going through terrible twos and not to yell at her cuz she doesnt mean anything she does or says.
    I don't believe in terrible twos. I believe it's the parenting that makes terrible twos appear. We don't yell at her, we use a different tone in voice so she knows she is in trouble. We put her in time out but it seems like she doesn't seem to phase it. She thinks if she stops crying that she can get off the chair and play.
    I will have to talk again but idk. Now I just send her to her dads room and let him deal with her.
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would find a way to move out.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 9:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• you need to talk to her parents cause that's who needs to put a stop to it... if she just keeps getting that way keep sending her away she'll get the point.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011