SPANKING OR TIME OUT ? WHICH DO YOU PREFER ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Time out, spanking as last resort
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Time out. I'm not against ppl who spank but my daughter is pretty clever and it's hard for me to tell her not to hit and then hit her. She then tells me it's not right to hit. I normally do time out, or take something away, such as tv time.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I personally choose not to spank. I don't find fault with spanking under certain circumstances by parents who have control of themselves while administering.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I used to spank my daughter but she was getting used to them...and still acting up in school. So I start taking the things that she likes to do the most away from her and that seems to be working out very well.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would never spank my child. i would do timeout before that....now a days spanking your kid can get you in trouble with child care i dont see how that can be but it has happened
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Time outs. I'm a new mom so I'm not sure how well they work compared to spanking, but i'd rather not spank. I don't want her to think its ok to hit or be violent. I know people say spanking is more effective, and maybe it is, but I just don't want to send the wrong message to my kids about whats ok and not ok to do.
    autumnstar68

Answer by autumnstar68 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Time Out, but I have tapped my sons mouth for going around biting ppl, he didn't care about the time outs.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't believe in spanking my kids. When they were little I used time outs and they worked well. AS they got older we got jars and colored marbles, when they were good they got a marble and when they did something wrong we took a marble away.

I think if you teach your children taht hitting is wrong then spanking them is going against what you are trying to teach. I have always hated the "do as I say not as I do" rule, I believe that children learn from their parents and since I don't want my kids going around hitting other kids I don't believe in spanking!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We dont spank ever. So time out.

Answer by gemgem at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No spanking in my house either. Time out has been very effective so far with DD who is two. I am sure as she gets older I will have to get more creative but I am up for the challenge.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011