birth controls?????

at the moment i am 20 weeks pregnant, and i have one son. i was on an IUD but will never go any where near one of them again so that is out of the question. but i have a hard enough time remembering to take things every day now with my vary full days. so the pill is not really not something i can do. and i will not do the shot after i found out what it does and i also got prego on it. and with my religious views i want something that will not hurt the eggs that are unfertilized or if an off chance they do. and i am not comfortable with inserting any thing any where.
so i guess what i'm looking for is something that is easy safe for all unborn children and i dont have to rememeber or take every day. and i dont want to be fixed kuse we want another child at some point.

once again i will NOT insert any thing and wont use condoms that takes to much thought and takes the romance out of my marriage.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 3:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like barrier methods are the only ones that meet your criteria. Condoms, cervical cap, diaphragm. Paair them with spermicide and natural family planning and it should be extremely effective.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• condoms or diaphragm
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sounds like ur only options are condoms.
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Um...you've pretty much ruled everything out. Common hormonal methods are pill, patch, Nuvaring, and shot--you've specifically said you won't do the pill, the shot, or Nuvaring (since it has to be inserted)...and since it's hormonal, I'm not sure what effect the patch would have on an embryo/fetus, and while you wouldn't have to remember it daily, it does have to be replaced weekly. You said no to IUDs, and no to condoms...I'm not sure there are any other options besides natural family planning, but that requires keeping track of your body's signs, so if you don't think you can remember to take a pill and are worried about condoms taking the spontaneity out of your love life, I'm not sure if that would work well, either. Sorry.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• you have pretty much ruled everything out???? use condoms. I have nuvaring and love it! if ur comfortable to have a penis in your vagina, and to give birth to your own child, considering a doctors hands are in there, literally for medical reasons, you should be comfortable to insert something yourself.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sounds like ur only options are condoms or diaphragm
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• NPF and pullout or condoms are your only options. We have always used NFP for 6 years and we have never had an unplanned for pregnancy. There is a group on here for moms that use NFP and don't let anyone tell you it is ineffective because it is just as effective as condoms if used RIGHT.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011