Can anyone tell me why the Republicans haven't fixed the economy and reduced the unemployment rate by now?

I mean, they've been "in power" for almost 6 hours now. It's about time they got it all done, just like they promised they would, don't you think?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! It's refreshing to see a post calling them to the mat instead of them calling someone else.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• I was about to say, " Are you freaking kidding me?" Everything takes time! Even Obama needs a little more time and I can't stand the man!

Thanks for the laugh.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Aw, I hurt someone's poor little feelings and they voted me down...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Let's not go there, hmm?

They DID have responsibility from the second they were sworn... JUST AS PRESIDENT OBAMA HAD RESPONSIBILITY THE MOMENT HE WAS SWORN.

But expecting instant fixes for anything is a fool's game. There's no such thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• JUST AS PRESIDENT OBAMA HAD RESPONSIBILITY THE MOMENT HE WAS SWORN.

Shh, you're not supposed to mention that part - better remind them you're not a republican before they start voting you down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Hehehe I knew someone would post this question.Nobody expected O to fix anything after 6 hours or even 6 months..but he just made things worse like alot of us knew he would.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• HA HA HA They're slacking.

Oh no we have a republication voting us down. Looks like we hurt someones feel goods
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm a registered dem, but have voted republican in my state, California, a number of times, hell our own gov is a republican, but none the less right now I think a couple terms of a democrat is needed. We are in a progressive era and until Republicans in office start to show that they are with the times and not stuck on how it was 10, 20 30 40 50 years ago, I will continue to vote democrat. I think once the republicans can get a candidate who is 'fresh', as far as what our New World needs, they will gain more votes, until then, I don't know too many people under 40 who rather McCain or someone like him. And as long as Republicans keep bringing the old war vets up to bat against New Modern Presidents they will lose because their mind is 20 years ago, it's in the past, not today.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• but have voted republican in my state, California, a number of times, hell our own gov is a republican

Honey, our Gov is NOT a Repub-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011