I need a new birth control! help???

Once im done breast feeding i need to start a different birth control! i hate the pills! i have mood swings and my period comes whenever it wants and last any where from 3days to 3 weeks!! i was wanting something i could just leave in and forget about it! we want more kids in about 3-4 years! i was thinking about Merina??? What do u ladies think?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• I know what you mean, thats what I told my SO lol well you should get merina then =) sounds like its good for your lifestyle. plus if u decide not to have anymore, u can just leave it in!!! now that i'm thinking about it.....hmm no periods does sound good lol. i would spend so much money on preg. test though LOL
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I was stuck between Merina and NuvaRing. I personally didn't want Merina because I don't like the thought of not having a period, it would kinda ''freak'' me out, I would constantly think I was pregnant, because as u know, BC isn't 100% effective. I chose NuvaRing, and I absolutely LOVE it! I wouldn't choose anything else. Put it in on the first of the month, take it out 3 weeks later, have ur period, and put a new one in on the first. It's GREAT, u should really look into NR!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• is it an iud?
    i havent had any luck with a BC good for me. i did the pill, and i still got pregnant. and i was taking it at the same time everyday and not missing one.
    i had my DS and 6 weeks later i was on depo....a shot i had to get every 3 months. it was HELL! i was bleeding ridiculously. i had periods that were like 3 weeks long....on top of the "common bleeding" depo caused. they said it was a non hormonal BC, but it would help my milk supply...how its a non hormonal and helps lactation, beats me! but it didnt help my milk supply, thank god, cuz my supply was out of this world anyway.
    they wouldnt give me an IUD because they SWORE i was "too young" (i was almost 23) and told me id WANT to get pregnant within the next 2 years. are they kidding me? if im sitting say i dont want another baby for 5 years, give me what i want!
    i walked out of there an angry person. lol. so now, its just condoms for me and the SO.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• im 21 and my hubby is 32 so we can wait a while for #2 and i would b so pissed if the doc told me no just cuz they think i would want another baby! i would of found another doc! my mom had the NR and she lost it! lol! it must of fallen out or something we are still not sure where it is! lol!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She must have not inserted it far up enough into her VG lol I've been using it for nearly 4 months, Im sure I won't ever change methods until i'm ready to not have anymore children. Do your research on diff. types of BC =) I dont' reccommend the shot, it makes u gain a RACK of weight, the pill is nearly impossible 2 remember everyday for most people, merina is good if ur comfy w/ not having a period. there's the patch, but i know 2 people that have gotten pregnant w/ being on it. blah just dont have sex nemore hahahha jk what fun is in that? =D goodluck girl!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i didnt get my period back until 6month PP it was like heaven! im totally ok with not having a period for a while! my hubby really doesnt want anymore kids but i would like one in 3-4 years so im just going to cross my fingers and hope he changes his mind or we will just have an oops baby! lol or at least thats wat he will think! lol
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Mierana is good. It can also help lighten your period.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 4:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lol i wouldnt be to worried about it! it took us a year to get pregnant! and now im down to 1 ovary so they said it would b harder the next time around! i had a cyst on my right ovary and had the cyst and my ovary removed when i was 5 months pregnant!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lighten my periods sounds amazing!!! i thought i was bleeding to death with my last one! 3 weeks long and i went threw 1 maxi pad every 2 hours! sorry prolly TMI! but yeah light sounds nice!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011