how far along were you when you started dialated?

i am almost 33 weeks now and i went to see my doctor today and she told me i am 1 cm already. i am scared,it's so early. she thinks i will have her soon,no tomorrow,but soon. with my first one,i was 2 cm dialated at 39 weeks. what should i expect?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 3cm at 36 weeks and was assured that he was coming early

I was induced at 42weeks.... still at 3 cm
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Everyone is different!! you can be 1cm for a very long time!! I was about 30 weeks when I found out I was 1cm and I made it past my due date. Just relax a little more, don't strain yourself!! Kick your feet up and relax a bit!! Congrats!! Hope this helps!! :)
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 3:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• With my first, I was dilated 1 cm at 36 weeks, no labor by my C-section just past 39 weeks. With my second, I wasn't dilated at all until my last appointment at 39.5 weeks, at which point I was at "maybe a 1", and went into labor 3 days later.

But I've had friends (and my mom) say that they sat at 3-4 cm for weeks.

It means nothing. Doctors seems to always say they think they baby will come early; I don't know if it's to reassure moms-to-be, or for some other perverse personal reason, but they say it a lot, and it doesn't happen nearly as often.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 3 cm with my first at 39 weeks and 3 cm dialated at 36 weeks with my second. I delivered my first at 41 weeks due to being induced and I delivered at 38 weeks with me second. You can walk around weeks dialated and not go into labor :) don't stress too much.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My SIL was dialated to a 6 for 4 weeks before delivering her daughter, just thought I would add that.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You can be dialated 1-10 CM's for the next two weeks. That means absolutely nothing at all.
    With my first two I was 5Cm's dialated when I went in for labor. My son was a day early and my daughter was 4 days early.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i dialated 2cm at 7 months preg. Then i was put on bedrest.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011