How to prevent the spread of bugs?

We have a neighbor is not not exactly clean. She has her house sprayed at least once a month and I'm afraid of the bugs looking for a new home. How can I prevent the bugs from taking up residence in our house without having to have the exterminator out every other week? Our home is clean, but I'm not sure that it is enoungh.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My husband sprays the perimeter of our property every month during the warm seasons, and every few months during the cold. We get scorpions here and I don't want them in my yard! You can get very effective stuff at Home Depot for $20.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree with the poster above me.....Home Depot does have good indoor/outdoor use sprays that are pretty effective.

Raid MAX is the best spot sprayer
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You can look in your town or those around you for pest control supplies to see if they have anything that you can use that's stronger than the stuff you can get at Home Depot. A lot of times it's the same stuff the bug people use when they come out to spray, but at a much more reasonable price. You can do it yourself, just take proper safety precautions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Spray around the outside of the house.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2011