My man is jealous of my gay best friend...

I've had this friend since grade school and we could always talk about anything and we're really close. My man is always jealous when we text or talk to one another or when he comes over. There is no chance that we would even hook up and he's still jealous as come be. would he be acting this way if he was a woman? should i consider leaving my bestie just to please him or just tell him tough shit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you need to talk to him about why he is getting upset. Could it be because you are giving your friend more attention that him?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have the same exact problem except that it's not as bad as yours. He doesn't get jealous all the time, just every once in a very long while lol. I wouldn't drop my friend, especially if he's been a good, loyal friend to you. Talk to your husband and try to get through to him. Best wishes!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ask him how he would like it if you would pick his friends for him.

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• He's threaten. Maybe he feels you talk to your best friend more then him. gay or not you may be doing something that suggest you're into you gay friend
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe he is jealous of the relationship that you have with him. If you are talking about personal relationship stuff with your friend, your husband might feel like you are telling your friend all of your couple secrets. Some things are meant to be kept between husband and wife. Talk to you husband and find out what exactly is bugging him and maybe don't text your friend in front of you husband.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you seem to be more excited to be around your friend than your husband I could see that causing issues even if the friend was female. If you spend a lot of time with the friend your husband could feel that time with the friend is more important than time with your family. Not all jealousy is about the potential for sex.  I wouldn't necessarily ditch the firend, but you should listen to what your husband has to say.  If your husband is feeling slighted or rejected in some way due to the time or quality of interaction you have with your friend, then it would be wise to lessen the interaction and try to focus on your husband more.

Anonymous

• Did i mention that my friend is really good looking? we don't talk about relationship stuff really just everyday things or if we saw something funny. idk. i don't see anything wrong other than he's probably jealous of his looks maybe. my man is hot too though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'd tell him tough because he is a childhood friend, and he's gay for crying out loud. My SO had this problem once, but now he's over it. Thank goodness, because it was definitely annoying listening to him complain every time I talked or texted my gay friend.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 5:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• He's a childhood friend, your SO needs to get over it. Jeolousy makes you ugly. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Have you asked him why hes jealous or do you assume hes jealous.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011