12 month old diet

What is your 12 month old's diet like? Typical day meal plan? My dd is getting ready to turn 1 and I just want to make sure she's getting what she needs.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• i give mine 3 meals a day with 1 sippy cup of milk with each of those meals. then 2 snacks in between, 1 with water and 1 with watered down juice. she typically eats whatever my 4 and 2 year old eat (which is whatever we eat), within reason. she's no longer on pureed food, so it's all solids for her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my sons now 20months but its still pretty much the same routine. he gets 3 meals a day with a cup of milk 2 snacks a day. He was on solids by a year so he was pretty much eating whatever. So as a examply breakfast might have been a scrambled egg with peaches and a half slice of toast. lunch would be something like greenbeans and a half peanutbutter sandwhich. dinner would be a meat, veggie and a carb. as for snacks its usually something like crackers and cheese or half a apple. My kid only gets one cup of juice a day the rest of the day if he wants a sippy he gets water.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• At 1, all of my kids just ate what the rest of the family ate. Usually hot cereal and fruit for breakfast, leftovers for lunch or something easy (cheese melted on toast, cheese omelette, ravioli, etc.) with a veggie (usually something frozen that I steamed until soft), whatever we were having for supper. 2 snacks/day, usually fruit with a few crackers; 2 cups of milk and then water after that.

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011