Will you start Christmas shopping earlier this year?

Do you think you will get a head start? Finish early to avoid Holiday stress?

babiesandkids

Asked by babiesandkids at 4:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes. I like to hit the sales afterwards and start. And then just pick up one or 2 things each month...and then it's done.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Haha, you mean like now?
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I doubt it. Just saving up money for the holiday. If I started buying stuff I wouldn't know where to put it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If I see something that's on sale and that I know my daughter would want, I normally buy stuff throughout the year. I know one things for sure I won't be spending as much as I did this year b/c half of it hasn't even been opened yet.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, I wish. This year was stressful and by the end of the month I was cashing in coins to get by. I don't like stressing the pocketbook like that.
    Anonymous

• I hope so. We didn't move until May and then we were still working on the house, so not a lot of hiding spots. Hopefully, next year we will have most of the house done and have a more normal Christmas.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I just got the box's of Christmas stuff put away like an hour ago,,,lol. No, I have older teens so I never know what they want till Christmas gets closier. Even room decor stuff, could change in a blink of an eye,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes I will ! I hope... lol
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 4:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Every year, I say I'll have all my shopping done before Thanksgiving, and every year I never do. LOL
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I usually start in late may, early June. I write myself notes ( to remind myself) on my calendar so I get things done in time.

I remind myself in June to start the "December shopping"

in October to do the Christmas cards and to start buying baking supplies.

In November I write" lets wrap".

They are really just cryptic notes for me, I know what they mean, doing this helps me keep the holidays less stressful

I also have notes in July to start making sons Halloween costume, January i start planning sons b-day in April...lol

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011