Homework idea for busy families or those with Special Needs kids?

What if they add an extra hour or offer an extra-curricular time after school that could be used for Homework . That way they have the resources and teachers that are willing all right there and they spend the time period doing their day's HW, it wouldn't cut into the regular day and don't have to worry about doing it at home and possibly not being able to get it done for whatever reasons. An option for those that tend to have trouble getting it done at home or don't have parents/caregivers that can or are willing to help much or for those with Sp Needs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in

• I think it would be great if they offered tuturing. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount. Our 12 year old fights us on homework and I think he would hear it better from an outsider. In the mean time DH sits next to him during homework time while I help the rest of the kiddos.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 4:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• In theory that sounds good but unless they are in an after school program that offers this, I think it would be hard. For example, would the teachers stay voluntarily or would they be compensated for their time? What if their is no after school care for the children to go to after that hour, how would they get home? Are you a teacher who is trying to get this started or are you a parent who is looking for a program like this?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Neat idea, but I think it is called HOMEwork for a reason... :-)
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If they add an hour to the day, the teachers would probably want to be compensated and I know at least in our district they are trying to cut expenses, not add to them.

Answer by missanc at 4:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011