My period smells bad---really bad, adult content

so for the past four months my period has been really, really bad. It gushes so I have to change my clothes(even when I am wearing a pad and tampon) and it smells really bad like I am not even sure ---just a really strong smell, and I can take two or three showers a day and it I can still smell it. And when my period is over my vagina smells it smells normal again after 1 day(thank god). Has this happened to anyone else?? My period has always smelled--well like a period, but this is something awful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• I would talk to your doc about it....there could be an infection that is causing the smell....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• agree with 1st poster
    see a doctor!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I third the 1 poster. Good luck to you!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would talk to your dr.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Could be BV an infection
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You need to go to the doctor
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You should have gone to the doctor the first month that happened. Bad smelling period is not good.
    Anonymous

• It happened to me after I had a baby. It wasn't an infection, but when I went on thyroid meds, a beta-blocker and a multi-vitamin, it went away. It could be hormone related.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 9:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well I figure that it may not be an infection because my lady parst only smell bad during my period then it goes back to normal. If it were an infection wouldn't it smell bad all the time, and have other discharge or pain or itching?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would call my Dr and ask them, doesn't sound normal but what may be normal for me might not for you, I have never had this happen but I would still put a call into the the office just to make sure..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2011