how to clean hardwood floors..

i'm not quiet sure how to clean our hardwood floors. they're a cherry color, and you can see where the mop has gone over them..will a swiffer wet jet work on them, or should i invest in a steam mop? i loved the way our old house smelled with the swiffer wet jet, but again i'm not sure.

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can clean hard wood with the wet jet I use it on the floors for quick cleaning them. When doing a deeper cleaning I use Murphys mixed with water in a spray bottle.

You want to stay away from using a lot of water standing water is the biggest no no.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Most steamers are good on hardwood floors. Im planning on getting the bissel sweep-n-steam. Google it or go to Ehow.com. Its a great site for any question you have reguarding ANYTHING. Cooking, cleaning etc
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have the Bissel Sweep-n-steam and I love it!!
    Amellor1

Answer by Amellor1 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thanks Amellor!! Ive been waiting to hear if anyone had it and/or liked it!! Yay cant wait now! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I purchased this stuff at walmart that is a spray and I used a dry mop on them. It looks like a huge swiffer but it is a soft microfiber cloth on the end. The floors got a really great shine but still got dirty a week later. The stuff cleaned up a huge amount of dirt. Uchk
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We use vinegar and water

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I use Murphy's Oil Soap.
    JAIMEELLEN77

Answer by JAIMEELLEN77 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011