My hips STILL hurt after being pregnant...and my daughter is 2!

Anyone experience excruciating hip pain when trying to sleep, and ache in the morning? I have had this problem since I was 5 months pregnant, 2 years ago! I've even tried taking Advil, Aleeve, and Tylinol. I've told my Dr and she just says, " Well, you still have alot of weight to lose!" and wouldn't prescribe me anything. I toss and turn all night long. We even got a new matress, but still in pain.

Does anyone have/had this issue? If so what helped it go away, if it did?... HELP!!

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• I had terrible hip pain from the second trimester of my last pregnancy until he was almost 3 when I got a latex mattress (no springs). My hips always felt like they were being held together by rubber bands, and it was so painful. I just couldn't handle the pressure points anymore. The first time I slept on the latex mattress, the pain was gone. Now, my hips only hurt when I sleep in a hotel room bed for a couple of nights.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• if you go to the er for the pain they will prescribe you something stronger. if you are over weight that can play a major role in hip pain
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh yeah! My DD's are 3 and 1 and I still have hip pain always have since I was 2 months pregnant with my first. The doc had told me they only way to fix it is physical therepy :(
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You could try a chiropractor. You might need an adjustment.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You need to do excersises that strengthen your hip joints and muscles. Pilates is a GREAT excersise program to start.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Agter I lost weight, my hip pain went away. My doctor said if I didn't lose the weight, I eventually would wear out the hip joint, and would need a replacement. I sure didn't want that to happen.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If the hip is still hurting you, it is best that you consult a doctor right away to avoid any kind of complication. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 4:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• You should have your hip checked to know the cause of your pain. If you have gained weight during pregnancy that you have not lost yet, it would help ease the pain if you would slowly loss those gained weight. A hip replacement may not be the answer because some who ahve had the operation are now filing a hip replacement lawsuit.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2012