What are some of your favorite travel toys for preschoolers?

My son is 2.5 and we will be going on a trip, what are some of you favorite travel toys (things that are easy to pack)? I have some TRU gift cards and would like to get some new fun toys for him, but would like some that we can take with us on our trip.

Thanks for the suggestions so far I like them.  I also wanted to add we will be out of town for about two weeks so I will need items that will keep his attention during that time too!  Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Magnadoodle.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A portable dvd player is teh best investment we ever made! Aside from that we just buy new coloring books and sticker books. Anything new to introduce at the hard times make it a lot easier
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Leapster 2 was an awesome purchase, my daughter loves it, even on long car rides. Also, she likes to play games. I spy, and stuff, that doesn't require her to be too advanced.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 4:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• color wonder packets, small magnetic board and letter magnets, books, books on cd from the library, car games and music. WE have an xm radio and the 116 kids place station is awesome. I could not imagine a trip with out it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• travel aqua doodle
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Magnadoodle!
    pinkvelvet_zen

Answer by pinkvelvet_zen at 2:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011