How do i get over my husband cheating on me?

We've been together 13 yrs married for 7. We have 2 kids and i love him.......still

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• it's normal to still love him. My husband cheated too it's been a year and a half since I found out and honestly time heals all wounds. Trust is a big deal and we've gone to counseling. Did he tell you or did you catch him? Cause if he told you then it shows more that he wants to change. Good luck mamma I'm here if you need anything.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Counseling is your best bet. If you cant do it on your own then you need help. If you want this to work then you need to let go of the resentment and learn how to put the past in the past. Sorry you are going through this. Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• deal breaker for me personally. If they do it once and know you'll forgive them, they do it again, except they'll be more careful about getting caught (one would think) next time.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sorry, the only advice I can give you is what I would do, and that would be end a relationship that would no longer have trust, this will always be hanging over your head and you will live in doubt and distrust.

Answer by older at 4:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you still love him and he told you on his own you have a good chance of working thru it. Seek counseling for couples or even just for yourself. I've been thru it myself and you can forgive, just one piece of small advice once you forgive him for it, don't throw it up to him whenever your mad, it just reopens the wound for both of you. Best of luck if you need to talk I"m a good listener
    dlmax

Answer by dlmax at 4:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You could try counseling, but (and this is going to sounds harsh) you have to forgive and move on or you have to walk away. Its a tough subject and I am so sorry you had to go through this. If you love your hubby and want it to work you have to let it go or it will eventually ruin your marriage.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Counciling might help. Truthfully you will always not trust him.

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I caught my fiance cheating on me 2 yrs ago, we are married now, it takes sooo much time; know that you can forgive you can just never forget. Some of the littlest things set you off like if hes 15 min later than usual you will automatically think "who you forking?" Like stated above it is sooo hard to get over it, there will be lots and lots of arguments. we were counseled two seperate times and it really helped us, but BOTH parties have to WANT to work through it. and he needs to know that its gonna take a lot patience not only on your part but his too because he will be the one listening to you throw it in his face every chance you get until you're done being mad about it
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Some women can't get past it. ((hugs))
    abra

Answer by abra at 5:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm so sorry this happened to you. It really depends on the situation. I think it is true that once someone has cheated once, it is easier for them to do it again. But I also believe that for some men, it is a one time deal and if they resolve to it, they won't do it again. You know your relationship and your situation best. Cheating, unfortunately, is common and not that hard for people to do depending on what they are facing in their life. Talk to a counselor for the best help in assessing your situation.

For example, I have a male friend who cheated...he knows it is wrong, but his situation is that his wife hasn't had sex with him for YEARS. He feels horribly guilty and doesn't want to do it again...now if I were his wife, considering I hadn't been intimate with him for many years, I'd consider forgiving him!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 5:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011