why do people need to cuss all the time? adult content

ill admit i do have a lil bit of a potty mouth but only at home, NEVER in public. i started school today and had lunch with a couple class mates and this woman at the next table cussed so much, every other word was f*ck and she talked loud. i think its one thing to talk like that in private, but to go out in public and talk that way is distasteful and very unprofessional. you think someone would want to act better than that at a college but guess not. unfortunately i have her in one of my classes...ugghh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I totally fucking agree
    it drives me fucking crazy too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Because we BEEPING want to. Got a BEEPING problem with that?

I have no idea. I guess swearing makes them feel good
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe they aren't ridiculous enough to believe words have any more power than what we give them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Its because some ppl have a major lack of better words. And to act like that out in the open is def not classy. I def curse but not in public and if I do its a slip
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's a really hard habit to break. I catch myself doing it more frequently than I like- especially when nervous but it's always under my breath or broken up with a "grrrr!!!" like "mother f-GRRR!!" But I also get really offended and put off by people that swear loudly around people they don't know or in public.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• because they have no class....do not know other words to use instead and maybe even lack the education needed to carry on a civil conversation
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• "maybe even lack the education needed to carry on a civil conversation"

well its a good thing she is taking public speaking then huh?
    the woman appears to be in her mid 30's i would hope that she would know how to act in public. common sense should tell someone thats not appropriate
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I couldn't tell you. I think they are trying to be emphatic, but I tend to listen more and agree more without all the expletives. I think you make a better point without all the profanity. It gives and argument validity.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• "Maybe they aren't ridiculous enough to believe words have any more power than what we give them."

really? you wouldnt find that a little unsettling? what if you walked in to lets say an attorney's office and the receptionist was cussing up a storm....you wouldnt find that unprofessional? while yes it was just a college cafeteria, i feel that if people are going to college to be a professional, one should act like one in public. we have people in and out of the college at all times, whose to say that a potential employer wouldnt walk in at some point and hear that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There is a time and place for cussing. When I'm at work I keep it proffessional and do not curse. When I'm off...anything goes, lol. I'm educated but I'm myself. If you think I'm stupid or uneducated because I curse then you can pretty much fuck off.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011