Need advice?

My son does great all day long we play we read and he takes his nap but when it come to going to sleep he screams and scream and screams it is really starting to take a toll on me. He is 13 months

alejuan915

Asked by alejuan915 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We still co-sleep (but mine is younger) and he falls asleep arounf that same time. mine takes an early evening nap which I have been trying to eliminate to make him go to bed earlier but it doesn't work. I just lie with my little guy until he does go to sleep. Try to treat him as if we are not putting him to sleep, just hanging out lying around with him, cause as soon as he thinks he's being put to sleep, he gets mad and fussy!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 5:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What time do you put him to bed? Maybe hes just not tired? However if he's screaming he most likely is! lol I would just sit in his room with him until he falls asleep. Do like supernanny and slowly move closer to the door each night. If he is in a crib then I would just go for the CIO method. It worked for my dd! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Find a bed time routine that he likes? i don't know, just suggestion. Do you still breastfeed? I feed my guy until he falls asleep but my guy is only 7 months! If he doesn't fall asleep drinking, then i read and lullaby to him which he likes? A bath with relaxing essential oils helps to calm and tire him too. Lavender is a good calmer
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 5:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He's probably not tired.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 5:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i try to get him to go to bed around nine thirty ten the thing ishe stays in our room with us he doesnt have his own room what is the CIO method lol
    alejuan915

Answer by alejuan915 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008