Can you check your own cervix?

I personally don't know if you can or not, but there are some people who say you can. And for those who talk about germs, you know there are things such as rubber gloves, they do sell them at your local pharmacy.

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 4:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can, but you're not going to get the same results as a doctor would. Basically because you're inexperienced, and as well because you can't get in there like they can. Being that they're right in front with straight on access.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Hell no. I leave that up to the professionals. I wouldn't even know what to look for.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's not a good idea. It's not sanitary and you won't know exactly what you're looking for. Let the Dr. take care of it and be patient. Good luck.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I dont think it even worth checking..
    For one you would even know what to look for, and two dilation doesnt necessarily mean anything. There are some women 2cm dilated for week, and some for only hours.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• um not i wont do that.. theres a thing called germs and if your dialted at all you dont wanna chance any tnfections..and thats gross
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 5:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My friend does it and talks so open about it....... What a great topic of conversation righht? haha I leave that up to my doctor to do.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 6:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• even if you knew what to feel for i don't think you could they get pretty far up there when checking and i don't think your arm can do it from that angle.
    cassiemomof4

Answer by cassiemomof4 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I can't reach mine for a reason. I don't think it is something you should mess with esp while pregnant, gloves or no gloves. Even if you could reach..are you a doctor...can you tell by the feel if you are dialating?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011