ANY MOMS WORK AT HOME?

My husband is the only one who works but i feel guilty when we go shopping for things i need because we dont have a lot of money. I really want to help him out with all the bills but i dont want to leave my one and two year old at a daycare. Does anyone know where i can get a job and work at home? And what that job requires? Please help me out.

marisolmoreno

Asked by marisolmoreno at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have you thought about acquiring any skills that will enable you to be flexible in your hours and location? I am a birth and postpartum doula and a lactation consultant. I teach natural childbirth classes at home, and I also have a love of photography. I combined those into my own business. I keep it simple with one birth client per month (and I am rarely requested for more as doulas still aren't widely used in the South), one to two postpartum clients per month, and one night a week in the birth class series. The lactation consulting and photography allow me to work at home, by phone, or to have my littles in tow as needed. I charge very little for my doula and photography services, and comparable rates for lactation consulting and childbirth classes. It averages to be about an extra $500 a month.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I can imagine!! When you have your own money, it makes you feel a little independent. ;o)

I used to work out of the house and I felt soooo guilty with my son being in daycare. I now work from home with an AWESOME Team of moms and I am loving every minute of it :o) We don't do any selling, no inventory, no parties, etc...

Internet CEO Moms offers free training and unlimited support!!

Visit my site: www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and I can get you more information :o)
    Also visit Internet CEO Mom's Official Fan Page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

Good Luck in your search!! :o)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 5:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Avon?
    abra

Answer by abra at 5:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• How about taking in one or two kids for in-home daycare? Of course you'd have to be certified but that's one way of staying home and making money.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you're interested in direct sales and need something that doesn't have a monthly requirement and is free to join, check out Barefoot Books. It's free to join and you get a free website.

www.kim-faust.barefootbooks.com

If you have any questions let me know. If you join my team, I'll be sure to help you out where I can!

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm a daycare provider. It's not for everyone but you may want to consider it. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're welcome to read my blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I work from home part-time as a freelance proofreader. I was a copy editor/publication editor for 9 years before I became a SAHM. Depending on what you did before you became a SAHM, you can sometimes find freelance work or telecommuting work in a related field.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hi Marisol, (That's my Sister's Name)
    I work with Alyssa M. (Above) We have a great team. Visit her site for free info. www.4TheLoveofMyFamily.com
    I know you'll be impressed.

Best Wishes!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011